Under direct supervision, maintain safe conditions; patrol and guard property, buildings and grounds; and perform other related work as required.
- Check doors and windows for security; lock doors and turn out lights.
- Watch for and report fire hazards, fires, accidents, and unsafe conditions to the proper authorities.
- Assist police and other emergency responders as necessary.
- Report unusual or suspicious occurrences.
- Prepare incident reports, log calls received and complete other record keeping as required.
- Respond to dispatcher and other requests for service.
- Clearly communicate over the phone with the ability to answer calls, transfer lines and give general assistance.
- Notify shift supervisor of any security related issues encountered during shift.
- Calmly and accurately relay information via telephone to emergency response dispatchers for any and all emergency situations that take place on the property including responding to suspicious persons calls, emergency as directed by the shift supervisor.
- Operate in any officer level capacity deemed necessary by shift supervisor.
- Assist in preparations for special events including placing barricades, block offs, traffic control, attending event walkthroughs.
- Capable of conducting regular and constant interior and exterior foot and vehicle patrols. Patrols include various areas such as parking lots, office areas, and public facilities.
- Serve at regular standing posts in parking lots or special events for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of exhibiting a calm demeanor and exemplary customer service skills when dealing with a wide array of personality types.
- Perform other related duties as needed or as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience which would indicate possession of the required skills listed herein. For example, completion of high school or equivalent and one year of recent experience in a security related position.
Ability to: prepare simple reports and keep records; analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action; recognize scope of authority; establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties; work effectively under stressful situations; demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for, the ethnic, socioeconomic, disability and gender diversity of staff and visitors.
Applicants must have a valid and current driver’s license, clean criminal background, DMV record and ability to pass drug screening. Intermediate computer literacy.